- Can you please tell us about yourself?
- I did my BBA in Marketing and International Business from Bernard Baruch College, City University of New York, USA
- What is the idea behind “Ethnic by Outfitters” successful venture?
The brand originated in Lahore, Pakistan, where its sole focus was on trendy street-smart fashion for men and women. Outfitters was established back in 2003 by Mr Kamran Khurshid (CEO) with a vision to revamp the fashion industry and fill the gap in urban apparel in Pakistan.
In 2008, Outfitters introduced a brand for kids as Outfitters Junior, focusing on kids’ fashion. Following that, the brand launched ‘Ethnic by Outfitters’ in 2013, an eastern wear brand offering modern fusion every day clothing. Since then, the company has launched over a hundred stores all over Pakistan and an online store shipping across the world.
- Is this the profession you always wanted to pursue?
Well! It was not like an aim or a plan. The Fashion Industry came to me as a lucrative opportunity where I could see myself grow. Initially, I had started off exploring financial institutions and my spectrum revolved around investment, banking and other financial areas. Fashion industry came to me along early 2000’s in New York since then, I have worked for world’s best-known retail brands across the US, Middle East and now Pakistan.
- Your wardrobe essentials ?
An oxford shirt, white poplin shirt, basic crew neck, navy notch lapel suit, knitted tie, cotton chinos, joggers, white sneakers and a timeless watch.
- What’s the next step for Ethnic and Outfitters?
To become a reference point for fast fashion mass market.
Tell us an interesting fact about yourself
I don’t have a Facebook account.
- What was the best piece of advice you have ever gotten?
I received a great advise from a mentor of mines several years back that is Carefully listen, constantly adapt and always deliver and I truly believe this has been an extravagant part of me in my professional career.
- Do you think you have achieved everything you’ve always wanted?
The only reason one can feel they have already accomplished everything is because they are too afraid to ask for more. I set new goals everyday. I feel adaptive. I feel dynamic and I want to continue to do the best I can.